Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our Prophet speaks on the 'Three Rs of Choice'


Talk #12 - President Thomas S. Monson, Priesthood Session

This wonderful talk by our Prophet was chosen by Emily. Thank you Emily!
Please join in reading his words and let's discuss what impressed us.

1 comment:

  1. Friends! I am sooo happy - I just was able to sit and listen to our Prophet speak for the last twenty minutes! I encourage all of you - if you haven't already to take 20 minutes and sit and listen to our Prophet, President Monson speak about choices!

    I feel impressed that He is the Lord's prophet guiding us ALL on the Earth at this very moment, and if we do our part to listen and follow his counsel, read and study our scriptures, participate in thoughtful prayer, and listen / heed the counsel of the still small voice that truly we CAN keep the commandments 100% of the time! We can have that courage to follow the right path and not stumble too much as we make choices that are of consequence.

    This really was a special talk to remind us that the gift of choice really is a gift from Heavenly Father and that He loves us so much to allow us 'to direct our own lives' and that through life's experiences we can ultimately become .. 'wiser, stronger, more compassionate, and more grateful'! Truly I can attest that through my life experiences - the good and the yuck, I wish I hadn't done that moments - that all these have really made me wiser, stronger and all of the above!
    It really is special to know that HE believes in me to let me choose each day how to live ...I have never been a huge fan of 'free agency' as I don't like to fail or see others struggle and I like to 'push' others to do .. just recently I was struggling with the fact that I can't control others actions - only myself and my immediate family and even then - I realized it is truly only I that I can control.
    So I truly appreciate this talk as it further teaches me that indeed that is how Heavenly Father wants it and I need to be ok with it. I know that I can still be an influence for good as I think and serve others - but ultimately I need to be controlling only myself and be charitable and patient with everyone else.
    I love how the Lord teaches through the words of the Prophet!

    I was impressed when he spoke of Courage...
    "Decisions are constantly before us. To make them wisely, courage is needed—the courage to say no, the courage to say yes. Decisions do determine destiny."
    Amen to that!
    I also liked his counsel to us ... President Monson never says 'do' he always asks us by saying 'May we' ..
    "May we keep our eyes, our hearts, and our determination focused on that goal which is eternal and worth any price we will have to pay, regardless of the sacrifice we must make to reach it."

    He was speaking to us when he states that we are of noble birthright and that 'the reward of eternal life requires effort'.

    I also really liked his final theme to 'Be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the Lord'. I will most definitely try to choose wisely and with responsibility this week and beyond! My desire is to be clean!
    Love the gospel! The reward is truly worth the effort ... I can only imagine!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete